When it comes to remodeling in Northern Virginia, color can play a big role. Just ask our designers here at Schroeder Design/Build. There isn’t a project we do where color doesn’t come into consideration. So what are the color trends for 2020?
Each year, Pantone and paint manufacturers announce their colors of the year—the companies’ predictions on what they see as the trending colors for the year ahead. In 2020, nature-inspired hues dominate, along with soft pastels and timeless basics.
Trending Design Colors for 2020
- Classic Blue, Pantone’s simple and elegant hue
- Back to Nature, a meadow-inspired green offered by Behr
- First Light, a soft, rosy hue from Benjamin Moore
- Minty Fresh, from Dunn Edwards
- Romance, a light blush from HGTB Home by Sherwin-Williams
- Chinese Porcelain, “a blend of cobalt and moody, inky blue” from PPG
- Naval, a rich navy from Sherwin-Williams
12 Hues for 2020 Design Colors
Paint manufacturer Valspar issued an entire palette of 12 hues as trending design colors for 2020.
- Winter calm, a lavender neutral
- Canyon Earth, an earthy sunbaked, sandy clay
- Desert Fortress, a sandy tone
- Pale Powder, a timeless tan that balances with cool tones
- Secret Moss, a neutral
- Secluded Garden, an “ocean-inspired jewel tone”
- Tempered Sage, a fresh take on lime green
- Grey Brook, a blue-gray
- Mint Whisper – a clean, airy green
- Utterly Blue, a cornflower blue
- Bombay Pink, a rich, sophisticated neutral
- Crushed Out, a fresh take on an off-white blush
If you’re looking to remodel in 2020, talk to the Schroeder Design/Build design team about how to coordinate the color trends of 2020 into your Northern Virginia home. Contact us today.
--Excerpted from “2020’s Trending Colors of the Year,” NAHB Now